Creative Writing Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Creative Writing Forum

Aaction, Horro, Fantasy, whatever you are writing you can post it here for one of our members to review and criticise.Whetehr your an avid writer or avid reader this place is perfect for you

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demon Assassin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BlackDragonEX
Admin

Demon Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Demon Assassin   Demon Assassin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:23 pm

Demon Assassin

Prologue

The Demon’s Claw Arched down, the blood-stained blades just grazed Ven’s neck as he swerved to his right to avoid the almost fatal hit.
“Heh, I guess I’m loosing my touch” He Muttered before Rolling to his left to avoid another slash from his opponent.
The Demon Ven was Facing was one of the lesser threats that he had to face in his line of work. His Client was a Priest who phoned Ven One quiet Tuesday Morning Explaining to him in his Distraught and fear filled voice that this demon had been plaguing his church and killing the villagers of his town.
The beast he had been hired to slay was about 9ft tall, it had a human shape. And that was the only thing human about it.
The Demon had horrible green and yellow bloodshot eyes that bulged from his arms, torso and the black lump on its neck that resembled a head. It’s arms were long and skinny with bits of flesh hanging off at it’s wrist and elbows. It’s Skin was black with cracks all over, the cracks were more noticeable near the joints were orange coloured pus Oozed out slowly.
It’s Legs had the build of kangaroo legs but instead of hopping the Demon walked with a strange sort of Limp. The Jaw of this foul beast was only noticeable when it opened its Mouth in an attempt to rip off the limbs of its Prey. It’s teeth were stained Black with the remains of its last meal sliding down its abnormally large incisors and Molars, Unlike Human Teeth the teeth on this demon were all Pointed, The only thing that defined them as Incisors or Molars was the shape of the Base
Most Demons can talk but some Lesser Demons such as this one can’t. The ones that can talk normally only mutter a groan in the presence of prey as they engorge themselves on the organs of their victims, but some give themselves names in an attempt to seem slightly human.
The Demon struck again with it’s Claws aiming for the Kill. Ven dodged and scanned his surroundings looking for a way to kill the beast.
He was in a Church, in fact the same church that belonged to his client. He had hoped to keep the damage to a minimal but the raging nature of this demon made it impossible for Ven to kill it by simply snapping its neck or impaling it. No, he would have to get his hands dirty this time.
The Demon’s eyes, it was impossible to tell how many there were while it was moving, locked onto Ven and the Demon Screeched out a foul sound of Hunger.
The Last Thing the demon thought of was the sweet taste of blood running down it’s throat.
The Beast curled up its hind legs, Dug its claws into the wooden floor near the Podium where the Priest would give his Holy Preaches, And with its eyes hungrily staring at its Target it Relased the power stored in its hind legs that propelled it forward, sending wooden floorboards High into the air.
Ven stood perfectly still.
The Demon soared through the air and when it was about a meter away from it’s Target Ven held out his right arm. The Lower jaw of the Foul creature connected with his Hand.
Ven’s Eyes turned a Shade of Red as opposed to their normal blue colour.
The Force of the demon colliding with him barely moved him an inch as he gripped the demons Jaw with his right hand and then with his left he swerved and grabbed the demon’s top jaw, then with a flick of his wrist he swung his arms sideways.
The little resistance given by the Demon’s brittle bones were shattered as Ven quickly brought his arms to the side, the pressure tore apart the black, puss covered skin of the beast, Life left the bloodshot eyes of his prey and blood erupted from the Demon’s torso as Ven ripped the creature in two.
“I pity the guy who has to clean this up” He Murmured as he released his grip on the creature’s Upper and lower Jaw. His eyes reverted to their normal blue colour. Before even wiping his face Ven pulled a flip up silver Cell phone from his Baggy Jeans, flipped it open and dialled the number of his Client.
“The Demon is dead, I expect my pay tomorrow” He said simply to the Microphone in his Cell.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ven’s Mother was Human, but his Father, Well;
Ven’s father was a Demon.
The sum of a Human and a Demon reproducing created a Human with Demonic Powers. “Wow that’s Great” you might say but it is much worse. The product of these two beings reproducing created two creatures, a Human and a Demon, but these creatures share the same body. Normally this can be seen by some Demonic Features if the Human side is dominant and vice versa.
However because one part of him has to be dominant the demon side within is always fighting for its way out, and when it escapes the bodies will start to pile up.
Both of Ven’s arms were that of a Demon’s, They looked a little like a Sapphire in the shape of a human arm but it had an eerie Green glow that seemed to throb depending on what he was doing, When he was fighting a demon his Demonic arms glowed very brightly both blue and green, but after the battle the light would dim and it would glow more gently.
Most of his arms were covered by the Sleeves of his dark Blue Trench coat; underneath it he wore a short sleeved white T-shirt.
Ven’s Skin was pale but slightly tanned and his Hair was White and scruffy.
Ven was his Human Name; His Mother told him that it was Latin for wind.
But He had another name,
A Name for his Demon side;

Beowolf.
Back to top Go down
https://creativewriting.aforumfree.com
BlackDragonEX
Admin

Demon Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Assassin   Demon Assassin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:24 pm

Chapter 1 - Start of an Inferno

“Ven.......No...... Beowolf”

‘Dumm Dee Dumdum Dee’
“Urgh” Ven Moaned as he lifted himself out of the Scruffy, captivating bed in the corner of his Room.
‘Dumm Dee Dumdum Dee’
Another Moan escaped his Mouth as he realised what the Oh so Familiar sound was.
Ven Picked up his Cell phone from the Table Beside his Bed and flipped it open. “H...Hello?” He Murmured, Still drunk with sleep.
“Hello Ven” A monotonous Voice said blatantly. “I Understand that you take care of Others’, Oh how shall I put this; ‘Little Problems’?”
“Yeh, that’s me but I’ve Never heard of Demons Being Called ‘Little Problems’ before” Ven Replied with a smirk.
“Yes, well call them what you will. Come to this address at Midday Sharp, I am in Need of your services” The Mysterious Voice then proceeded to tell Ven the address of his estate and Explicit instructions to Enter through the Back door and to take Great care as to not alert any of the Neighbours.
“I assure you, the pay will be Bountiful” The Voice added before Hanging up. Ven looked at the watch on his Table, 11:23.
“Crap, No time to Shower” Ven Blurted before throwing on the Jeans and shirt he had wore the night before to Kill the Priests ‘Little Problem’. He had received his pay for Killing the Demon of the Church on his way back Home, And before getting a chance to wash the Clothes that were Now stained with dried Demon blood he had fallen victim to the embrace of sleep.
Ven Threw on his Dark Blue Trench coat and Jumped out of the Second story Window of his room only to land gracefully in a crouching Position with both his arms throbbing gently.
He ran down his Driveway and dived into the Driver’s seat of his White Ferrari. Ven Glanced back at his Manor, His house was alone atop the small hill, just as Ven had been Alone, Alone to Struggle against Beowolf, Alone to Stare Hell in the Face.

Ven started the ignition and Glanced at the luminous clock on the dashboard, 11:28.
He slammed his foot onto the Pedal and set off down the Road into the City, where the Inhabitants were drinking their coffee getting ready for the day ahead.
The Directions his Client had given him lead Ven down a twisting alleyway that opened out into a Quiet and subtle Street, the Estate at the end of the road Drew all attention away from the rest of the Neighbourhood. Ven Slowly parked his Ferrari in the driveway, trying not to bring attention to Himself would be Difficult as already he noticed people looking out of their windows at the new arrival.
“Master, The Assassin has arrived” Said one of the Estates Many Butlers
“An Assassin? You brought another Assassin? Or am I-” An effeminate Voice Said discreetly to the wealthy man opposite her. Her Complaint was interrupted as Ven entered the room.
A Short Man dressed in a Black Suit Stood Sharply and turned to greet his Guest. “Welcome, Ven. I Believe we talked on the Phone? I am Dr Terra Crippler.” The Name seemed Slightly Familiar but Ven Dismissed the feeling as he spoke directly to the man Taking little interest in the Woman sitting on the Chair opposite him. “Yes, Nice to meet you Dr. Crippler” Ven Said Simply, his Blue eyes quickly Scanning the room as the person who had called him only half and a hour before sat down.
The Couch His client was sitting on was a Dark Leather, The Carpet was a Dark red colour, A slightly Darker shade than Blood, A Large Chandelier with many Lights on top of it dangled from the White ceiling, A Large Beige coloured Wardrobe sat in the corner of the room and a Marble Fireplace warmed the Demonic Flesh on his Arms, Causing them to throb more slowly as if approving the Warmth.
“Please have a seat Next to me” Dr. Crippler said eagerly to Ven, His voice seemed less Monotonous is Person but there was no doubt that this was the Man on the phone. Ven sat down on the Leather Sofa that the Dr had been patting seconds earlier, His gaze settled upon the Woman sitting opposite Him on a Leather Chair similar to the Sofa he himself was sitting on.
The Woman had flowing Red hair and Beautiful Emerald eyes. Her Skin was Caucasian but slightly pale. She wore a Red Sleeveless Jacket on top of a Black Long Sleeves T-shirt with Tight Blue Jeans and Casual Black Shoes. She was defiantly Human, Not Demonic like Himself. Her Expression was one of Boredom and her Eyes were purposely avoiding Ven’s Gaze.
“And this is Scarlett” Dr. Crippler Said while holding his Left hand out to the Woman Opposite them.
“Nice to meet you” Ven Murmured before turning his head back to his Client. “Now Please could you tell me more about my Objective.” Ven Smirked, already imagining The Battle ahead.
“Very Well, if you could join me to the Dining room I shall tell you everything about your Target.” The Short man said before clapping his Hands twice.
His Butler was at the door immediately. “This way Master Ven, Madam Scarlett” The Butler said softly while gesturing to Two Large white doors with Golden Decorations around the sides.
Ven was slightly curious as to why Scarlett was joining them, usually he met his Clients alone to discuss his Target but sometimes a Life Partner or Wife joined the conversation. It was hard to imagine the Radiant Scarlett Being Married to a stiff like Dr. Crippler but anything’s possible.
The Dining Room was Larger than the Previous room they had been in, Ven’s attention was immediately drawn to the Large Mahogany Table in the Middle of the room. It was at least 7ft long with a Total of 8 Leather Chairs Placed at it’s Sides.
“Please Have a Seat” Dr. Crippler Said welcomingly while gesturing at the seats beside him. The Doctor sat at the Head of the table with Ven on his Left and Scarlett on his right, Her Emerald Eyes Focused on Ven “So, What do I have to deal with?” He said nervously trying to break the Stare of the Red-Haired Woman.
“Ah, yes, Well the Demons that I seem to be having trouble with seem to be of the lesser kind.” His Client Said While Pulling a Few Blurry Pictures out of his Coat Pocket. Most of the Pictures were Out of Focus and it was hard to see their content, But one Picture Managed to get a clear picture of the Demon.
There were Multiple Demons; they were about 4ft tall with an Aqua-Greyish Colour to their skin. They had small, black, eyes that resembled that of a bug’s. The Demons have no mouth, only a series on holes with sharp Points of flesh dotted around them. They had no Hands, the end of their arms just ended in jagged stumps. These were his Client’s ‘Little Problems’. Literally.
“So, How Many Demons are we talking about roughly here?” Scarlett answered from opposite him. He started to wonder who this Woman was. But before he could inquire about this mysterious woman Dr. Crippler had started to Reply:
“Oh, only a few I assume.” He stated as his Butler entered the room to Whisper something to Scarlett. “I took these pictures during their third attack and there has never been more than 4 or 5”
“WHAT?!?” Scarlett Immediately shouted out at what the Butler, who had jumped back, Startled, had whispered to her “I’m supposed to let this Guys steal all the credit?!” she Screamed at the Butler and then at Dr. Crippler before storming out of the room in Anger.
“Oh Dear...” the Doctor started before Ven interrupted. “Actually, I was wondering something” Ven Blurted out quickly while scratching his Neck, “Who is that Girl?”
“Oh, Oh my. I thought you Knew. Well, Um....”
“Spit it out Doc” Ven Blurted impatiently while leaning forward
“Well, Scarlett is your Partner for this assignment”
“....”
“I’m sorry, I thought you knew, and she will be sharing the Reward with you”
Ven was taken back, “So she’s....?”
“Yes Ven, Scarlett is a Demon hunter.”
Back to top Go down
BlackDragonEX
Admin

Demon Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Assassin   Demon Assassin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Chapter 2 - A Dissapointing Flame

After hearing where he should dispose of the Demons Ven left Dr. Crippler’s estate with his head filled with questions about the mysterious Scarlett. It wasn’t often that his client gave him the location of the Demons, but it wasn’t unheard of. Mainly Ven made a rough estimate of where to search based on the attacks his Clients have described.
The directions took him to the alley he had travelled through to reach the estate but instead of following the winding road Ven walked down a small passage off to the side barely visible unless you were looking for it. The Passage soon opened up into another alleyway.
“Come out an’ Plaaaaaaaayy” Ven shouted sarcastically at the alley around him, he closely inspected each dumpster and trash can as he walked past, looking for any signs of his objective. Ven’s Arms began to throb more violently, As if scanning the area with Ven, searching for the Demons.
In the corner of the alleyway was home to an open fuse box, one of the wires was sticking out, the end of the wire was ripped open and Ven noticed a Small amount of electricity buzzing around the piece of metal.
‘Dumm De Dumdum Dee’
It was the sound of his Cell phone, he flipped it open and listened to the caller.
“Ven? This is Dr. Crippler...” The Familiar Voice said monotonously “I was calling to see if Scarlett has arrived yet?”
“Nope, Sorry Doc, no sign of Scarlett so far. But I can handle these Demons by myself” Ven replied casually.
“What? That ignorant brat! How DARE sh-” The Doctor stopped himself, his voice had changed. It sounded horse and irrational. “I do apologise. Please, carry on with the mission.” Dr. Crippler added on before hanging up leaving Ven alone in the alley.

Or so he thought.

Almost immediately the small amount of electricity orbiting the ripped open wire exploded into a fury of blue light. Three Small Turquoise coloured Demons emerged from the light; Emerged probably isn’t the right word. A better description would be that the light became the Demons.
The blinding light faded, leaving Ven alone to fight the Demons in the dark. The only light came from his arms that were glowing with immense rage.
The Demons looked exactly like the ones in the picture but a little bigger. The holes that replaced their mouths were opening and closing rapidly with the sharp flesh surrounding them twitched slightly.

Then the tips of the Demon’s arms began to glow with the similar blue light that they emerged from. Ven suddenly became cautious from seeing this as the first demon lunged forward, this Demon had a large scar across it’s face and looked like a Male, the other two were female and one had an extra eye than the others.
The Male Demon thrust one of its arms forward as it soared toward Ven, A Burst of Lightning erupted from the stump and darted around the alleyway toward Ven.
“This wasn’t in the job description” Ven murmured with surprise as he rolled to his left, picked up a nearby Trash can and launched it toward the Male Demon, who was now getting too close for comfort.
The Trash can hit the Demon and propelled it backward causing the Creature to lose its focus and the lightning to miss it’s target.
Ven had experienced Demons like this before; they drew their power from something, like little electric leeches. In this case it seemed the power source was the Fuse box.

He had found the weakness.

Ven dived forward to dodge another blast of electricity from the little Demons. Suddenly an idea started to form in his head.
Without a second thought Ven started to put his plan into action, He rolled forward again to dodge another shot, Ven was starting to take his dodges with less elegance.
The female with an extra eye decided to join the fray and dived on top of Ven as he got closer, it took little effort for Ven to grab the approaching Demon and throw it toward the Male, who was just starting to recover from his meeting with the Trash can.
The final Demon left seemed to be immobilized by fear, she was his target, It took Ven only a few seconds to run close enough to the Demon for him to be able to grab it with his left hand.
Ven clutched the Demon’s skull tightly and with great force he smashed it’s face into the Fuse box. The Demon Screeched with pain, the holes in it’s face seemed to split the voice into many different pitches. Ven’s ears pleaded for him to cover them, in a few seconds he would be deaf from the noise, he had to think fast as the horrible screeching was starting to hurt his brain as the inside of his skull rattled.
With his right hand he grabbed a nearby pipe, and with his left he exerted more pressure on the screaming Demon’s head, Ven used the searing pain and converted it into strength as he ripped the Pipe from the wall and using the jagged edge he impaled the Demon’s head onto the Fuse box.
These was a loud bang and small flash as the last bit of power coming from the Fuse box was snuffed out.
“Lets see how to fare now” Ven said as he turned around, expecting the demons to be either dead or powerless.
But he was wrong.
The Male and Female Demons had just recovered from Ven’s last attack and were looking at him with a Mocking expression on their face.
The Female leaped Forward this time and let a bolt of lightning erupt from her left arm, it hit Ven in the shoulder, sending him back a few feet.
The searing pain and burning from the wound was incredible but Ven gritted his teeth and looked up at the two demons, who seemed stronger than before. “Lucky shot” He murmured, wincing as he recovered and stood up.
The Demons seemed to get some sort of twisted pleasure out of Ven’s stubbornness and relished the thought of a prolonged battle. It was then that Ven understood that there was only one way these Demons could still have power, and so much of it at that.

Someone else was controlling them, and there were a lot more on the way.

But Before Ven could speculate who the Mastermind was and whether he was Human or Demon the alley glowed with a dazzling yet haunting, blue light.
“Oh Shi-” Ven Started but he was cut off as roughly twenty more demons emerged from the blue light all around him. Their Faces buzzed with excitement and hunger at their new prey.

Ven was Alone to stare Hell in the face Yet again. And this time,
He might not win.
Back to top Go down
BlackDragonEX
Admin

Demon Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Assassin   Demon Assassin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:28 pm

Chapter 3 - Flames in the Dark

Ven Stared at the horde of Demons, more appeared every second. A million different thoughts and questions clouded his mind; how was he supposed to win?
Then his mind was hushed.
A single noise reigned over all else.
A single demonic sound tempted him from the corner of his head:
“You can’t win, only a Demon could win, only a Demon Conqueror, a true Lord among Demons could defeat this many Demons. Hmmmm, I wonder where you’ll ever find a creature like that...” Beowolf was seizing the moment. Ven was weak, But determined

“No, I won’t let you take control; you will not be set free on this world. Not again.” Ven murmured to himself stubbornly.
Ven’s normally calm blue iris turned blood red, his teeth grew sharper and his arms started to glow violently as if getting warning the Demons
“Yeeeeess, almost there Ven.” The demonic voice whispered, coaxing him, trying to persuade Ven to let him have complete control.

Ven was weak.

And Beowolf was Strong

“Finally, I get to spill some blood” Ven said as he stood up, his head was tilted down but his voice had changed, it had become lower, more calmer.

Less Human.

“Heh Heh Heh” Ven started to laugh, even the Demons started to back away, knowing something was the matter. “I knew Ven couldn’t keep me pinned down forever” Beowolf muttered with delight at the fight ahead.
“Now, Prepare to Die!” Beowolf Screeched before lunging forward into the battalion of Demons.

All Ven could see was darkness, the place he was in was darker than a thousand nights and colder that the coldest winters. He had failed, Beowolf had taken control. But not complete control. Ven wasn’t stupid, and he certainly wasn’t weak.
Ven had managed to keep some control away from Beowolf, he had little control over his actions but he was able to stop his body from turning into that of a Demon’s and he was able to make Beowolf focus on the Demons in front of him instead of the houses full of delicious Humans nearby.

Beowolf was irritated that he could not take full control of Ven’s body but he knew one thing; Bloodshed is bloodshed, it doesn’t matter whether the victim is of the human nature or of demonic nature. He was just happy to kill.
The Demons were stunned at Beowolf’s surprise attack; the Demons closest to him were the first to be killed as Beowolf effortlessly ripped their heads apart. Beowolf’s Demonic strength was flourishing with Ven’s Demonic arms, his legs and other human parts however were weaker than normal.
The Demons stationed behind the slaughtered started to dart around, trying to get to a safe distance to fire at their supposed ‘victim’. The ones that got away were lucky as Beowolf soon cleared through the Demons that were too slow. The Manner at which he killed them was cruel and merciless.
This was slaughter.
To some Beowolf would simply decapitate them or rip open their necks, but to others he would deal a fate worse than death has he ripped apart their limbs, with his teeth and arms. Leaving them to die from the massive blood loss. It was truly a gruesome sight, Ven could only listen to the screeches of pain and fear as the demons clambered away from their killer.
Blood sprayed everywhere, the grey, thick, sticky liquid covered Ven’s body, and a few specks entered his mouth. It was foul, but to Beowolf the few specks were enough. The taste of his prey’s blood sparked something in Beowolf.
‘If this was Demon blood.... then what about Human?’ Ven could hear his thoughts and as he felt the small amount of control he had over his body slipping away he panicked. Trapped in this darkness, he was only able to hear what was going on. And the sound of Human screams wasn’t a sound he wanted to hear anytime soon.
“I....I can’t” He murmured to himself in the Darkness, desperate to hear something other than the screeches of the Demons that Beowolf was destroying effortlessly. “I....I’m too weak......h...he c...can’t kill those pe....peo....ple....

No.... He WON’T kill those people. If that means I have to die at the hands of Demons then so be it.” Ven’s utter despair caused by the inner battle was devoured by the determination not to let the innocent suffer

“No, No More” He said to his demon half.
“Let’s see you stop me...” the demonic and bloodthirsty voice replied spitefully
“I said N-”
“I know what you said” Beowolf shouted mockingly, cutting Ven off “Now let’s see you tr-”
“NO MORE!” Ven screamed interrupting Beowolf. The Demon was taken back by the sudden power that Ven possessed, “YOU WILL NOT SPILL THE BLOOD OF THE INNOCENT” He Screamed once more as his eyes returned to their normal blue colour.
He had won, not against the Lightning spitting Demon’s he was assigned to kill. But against the Demonic Master Beowolf.

At that moment he regained his vision, there were only about 9 or 10 Demons left compared to the 30 or 40 that were there only seconds before.
And Ven realised he couldn’t move. His Strength was immediately drained, he fell to the floor. He barely had enough strength to move his head as he landed in the putrid-smelling liquid he assumed was either the blood of his body or of the Demons that had been slaughtered only moments before.
With his last bit of strength he turned his head at his objective; they were confused at what had happened. But it didn’t take long for them to understand the situation, their prey was weak.

Time to kill.

Darkness again, Ven wondered if he had lost control to Beowolf again but that idea was soon diminished by the sound of delightful screeches instead of ones of fear and distress. He felt a sharp pain in his right leg; they must be making him suffer as he made them.
The pain caused by the sharp pieces of flesh was immense and unmerciful.
It was cold, cold and dark. He started to feel death’s embrace as he hoped he would fall unconscious before the Demons started to engorge themselves on his organs.
Darkness, pain. The Embrace of death was growing stronger and stronger. Then the presence of the grim reaper drifted away. He didn’t know how, maybe the Demons were somehow keeping him awake, torturing him and making death come slowly. The Intensity of pain was slowly rising; as the demons stuck their small heads inside the growing hole is Ven’s leg, gnawing away at his flesh.
The Warming embrace of death that had left him only moment before was replaced with an embrace of Fire. A whirlwind of emotions appeared inside Ven’s mind as the pain stopped and screeches of pain could be heard from the Demons that were feasting on his flesh only moment ago.
The Warmth gave him Strength, Power, Hope. He managed to open his eyes to the sound of a gun firing and the Demon closest to him being thrown back, another sound filled his ears, it was another gunshot but louder than the first as the same Demon’s face erupted in a cloud of blood and bone.
Ven had new strength from the sight of his predators being killed. He managed to tilt his head, first at his leg to inspect the damage. He winced at what he saw; the pain had stopped but only because his leg had gone numb. However he was happy to see the wound was not as bad as he thought, the Demons had broken the flesh and devoured through a few centimetres of muscle but because of the size of the Demon’s mouths the wound was fairly small. He would be able to walk on it but it would be painful and it would take a few weeks, Maybe months until they fully healed.
Another gunshot filled his ears, this one sounding more like the first; it was a short sound but defiantly a gunshot. Ven could roughly identify it as a pistol or some other kind of close combat weapon.
This sound was followed by the louder gunshot; he identified this as a Shotgun of some kind, both by the sound and the wound of the Female Demon it hit.
Ven tilted his head away from his wound and at his saviour. As his head turned he saw the last three Demons shooting blasts of Lightning off in the Direction of the gun slinging life-saver. But they didn’t shoot for long as one was taken down by an array of Bullets, supposedly from the shotgun to the head.
Ven’s head carried on moving in the Direction of his Hero, and when the profile of the gun wielding Demon killer filled his eyes he couldn’t believe it.
The last two Demons were dispatched of by two more gunshots.
Ven’s saviour turner her attention to the wounded body lying on the floor. At that moment Ven managed to let a small word escape his mouth before he fell victim to unconsciousness:

“Scarlett.”
Back to top Go down
BlackDragonEX
Admin

Demon Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Assassin   Demon Assassin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:45 pm

Chapter 4 - A Burning Motive

Ven’s eyes opened drearily, he struggled to stop himself falling asleep again. He tried to stand but his right leg buckled under the pressure and Ven fell to the floor, writhing in pain.
“Hey, watch it. We don’t want you to but any more pressure on that wound now do we?” Warned a stubborn but feminine voice from behind, it was instantly recognisable.
And at that moment, Ven remembered everything that had happened the night before, how he let Beowolf take control, how the Demons looked as Scarlett arrived to kill them off and how she had saved his life.
Ven turned to the red-haired woman, it was indeed her who saved him from the Demons, the proof lay within the pistol in a dark leather holster on her belt and a Combat shotgun in her right hand.
She looked almost exactly the same as she did the night he first met her, except her hair was tied back in a ponytail and her hands were covered in Ven’s blood, probably from carrying him to a safe area. Ven started to wonder how a delicate woman such as Scarlett managed to get Ven to safety. He also started to wonder where he was, but that question was instantly answered by looking at his surroundings, they were in Ven’s Living room, on the first story of his house.
Ven moaned with pain as he dragged himself to the nearby sofa on which he had been sleeping only moments before. The sofa had three seats and was an aqua colour, except it was now splattered with Ven’s blood, more noticeably where his right leg and left shoulder had been.
He turned his head to Scarlett who was sitting on a nearby table polishing the barrel of her shotgun; Ven also noticed that Scarlett had a medium sized dagger in another leather holster next to the pistol.
“How long was I out for?” Ven said drowsily.
“Only a few hours” Scarlett replied, her voice devoid of emotion. “I know you probably have a lot of questions, but first let me-”
“I only have one question; you seem to know a lot more about me than I do about you, so start explaining why. Now” Ven said sternly to the woman.
“What makes you think that?” Scarlett said defensively in retaliation to Ven’s statement.
“Well, we’re in my house for a start. So start talking” Ven replied without a second thought, while he was waiting for Scarlett to reply he started trying to guess her age. She looked around Ven’s age; 23 or 24.
“Okay, you win. I’ll tell you everything, including how I know, but to make sense of it I’m afraid I’ll have to start at the beginning;” Scarlett murmured anxiously. “Both of my parents were killed by a Demon when I was only 5 years old. At that age I swore to kill any Demon I met, no matter what I would avenge my parents. I am in the process of hunting down the Demon that killed my parents. That’s how I found you.” Scarlett said, focusing on Ven’s eyes as she spoke.
“You’re not making any sense. Unless....” Ven said as he started to realize something.
“Yes Ven, the Demon that killed my parents was.... was...
Beowolf.”
Scarlett was almost in tears as she uttered of the Demon.
At hearing his other half’s name all the memories of Beowolf’s escape came flooding back....

→Ven was only 6 years old. He was alone, even at that early age. This was all thanks to his Father, who after impregnating his mother killed her before her Son’s own eyes, His Father had hoped this would bring out the Demon within, but Ven managed to keep control of his Human form, because of this his Father also abandoned him. Leaving him alone to constantly fight Beowolf for control.
Ven was wondering casually through the alleys of New York; he was often fascinated by the looming buildings and the hundreds of people.
He had never been taught a language so he taught himself based on hearing the citizens talk to one another, or by watching a TV show through someone’s window.
At that age Ven was scared, he didn’t want to hurt people. He didn’t want to scare them, so he never drew attention to himself and he never left the safety of the alleyways unless it was to steal some food or water.

Then he saw the murder.
It was night-time and Ven was sleeping in a dumpster like he always did, when he heard a scream being muffled from outside. Cautiously he opened the dumpster’s lid and peered out, he saw an old man with one hand clutched over a young woman’s mouth and the other hand with a knife to her neck.
The woman kicked and struggled but it was futile as the man plunged the knife into the Woman’s chest repeatedly, stopping only to laugh or lick the blood off her neck.
When he watched the Killer murder her, he didn’t see the woman.
Ven saw his Mother.

At that point Ven lost control, and Beowolf seized the opportunity. Ven’s body was moulded into it’s demonic shape by his new controller. The only thing that resembled anything like a human were his eyes that had blood-red irises and small black pupils darting around in search of food.
Beowolf kicked open the Dumpster lid, his mouth started to water as his teeth began to grow sharper in the shape of a Demon’s. The murderer dropped the lifeless body in both surprise, and fear of the Demon child.
He dropped to his knees and prayed to his God for forgiveness as Beowolf leapt toward him with his demonic arms outstretched, ready to taste the thick sweetness of Human blood for the first time.
After that Beowolf went on a rampage killing dozens, including a young couple named Colin and Marie Colbear, He would have killed their 5 year old daughter if it wasn’t for Ven gaining what little control was left of his now demonic body.
After that Ven managed to drag his body to a nearby alley and gain complete control. The police didn’t believe a word of the eyewitnesses to the murders and blamed it on the serial killer that was Beowolf’s first victim.

“Im......Im so sorry” Ven murmured softly to Scarlett. He didn’t want forgiveness, he didn’t deserve it. He couldn’t save Scarlett’s Parents. “Why did you save me?” Ven asked as all the pieces came together in his head. “If you needed to kill me, then why did you save me instead of letting me die?” Ven asked Scarlett, confused as to her motives.

“Because.....you didn’t kill my parents” Scarlett replied after a few moments of silence...
“But you said-” Ven started
“I said Beowolf killed my parents, you, Ven did nothing.” She answered; her voice had gone a lot softer than her usual stubborn pitch.
“But, you-”
“Ven, listen. After Beowolf killed my parents I taught myself how to use guns, knives and swords. My sole motivation was to get revenge and I killed any Demon I met. Before I killed each Demon though I questioned them. And they all gave me the same name; that name was Beowolf.” Scarlett was trying to hold back tears as she spoke. “A few days ago I finally found you. I was going to kill you with shot to the head the day you left to kill the Demon in the church but I saw that day that you were not Beowolf. You were Human.” Scarlett was obviously confused, Ven started to say something but Scarlett cut her off.
“I then saw that you killed other Demons, and although you yourself are a Demon, you are not my Target. Until I find a way to kill Beowolf without hurting you, you are not my Target.” Scarlett said finally before letting Ven talk.

“And if you can’t find a way?” Ven asked simply, already knowing the answer.
“Then I’m afraid that I’ll have to kill you as well.” Scarlett said as she averted her gaze from Ven.
There was a moment of silence; the single moment seemed to last forever as the reality of what she had just said sunk in.

“He knew” Ven said at last.
“Pardon?”
“Dr. Crippler, Dr. Terra Crippler. He knew there wouldn’t be only 4 or 5. He knew there would be more.” Ven said, finally understanding what had happened.

“He wanted us Dead.”
Back to top Go down
BlackDragonEX
Admin

Demon Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Assassin   Demon Assassin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:47 pm

Chapter 5 - A Heated Battle [Part1]

Ven limped towards the door, he tried to run but the searing pain in his leg told him not to strain it. A million questions filled Ven’s normally clear mind as he thought about Dr. Crippler. It all made sense now, why Dr. Crippler had gotten so furious when Scarlett hadn’t shown up and why he had lied about the number of Demons.
Scarlett quickly passed Ven and opened his front door in anger. It seems Scarlett didn’t know Dr. Crippler planned to kill them either. The only thing that Ven questioned was his motive; why did Dr. Crippler want to kill him?

Ven had just reached the door when Scarlett was in his car starting the engine. “Wait up, I’m still injured, remember?” Ven cried out as he limped toward his white Ferrari. Scarlett seemed angrier than usual; Ven assumed she was the type of person who hated to be tricked.
Before he could even close the door of his car Scarlett slammed down on the accelerate, causing Ven’s head to be thrown back into the seat. “Hey watch it.” Ven shouted to which he received no reply. He had never seen someone with as much hatred in her eyes as Scarlett had right now.
Ven actually felt pity for Dr. Crippler when he imagined what Scarlett would do to the traitor.
It took only a few hours to reach his estate. It was dark outside and all of the lights inside the mansion were turned off except for one room on the bottom floor to the right of the main entrance.
Scarlett opened the door and jumped out of the car, followed slowly by Ven, who was biting his lip in pain. They arrived at the front entrance to Dr. Crippler’s manor. Ven had never been through the Doctor’s front door, since last time he came he went through the back.
Surprisingly Ven was at the door before Scarlett; his curiosity seemed to drown out his pain. Ven started to think of a plan in his head of what he was going to do once he found his ex-client. But before Ven could even start to think Scarlett raised her right foot and with a mighty kick she launched the door off it’s hinges.
Ven gulped at the sight of the furious woman and cautiously followed behind her as they entered the Doctor’s house. The room was dark but Ven’s eyes could pick out the outline of some objects, there seemed to be a small table with a picture on it in the corner of the corridor.
There were about 5 doors, 2 on each side and one straight ahead, there was a very dim light coming from underneath the door to his far right and it was slightly ajar.
Scarlett ran ahead, followed slowly by Ven, whose pain was starting to increase with every step taken. He cautiously checked out the surroundings of the room. It was the lounge in which he had first met Dr. Crippler; everything looked the same as far as Ven could see. In the far left corner of the room a door was ajar that was bathed with an amber glow from the room within. He could hear a strange noise now, it sounded like eating.
Ven started to limp toward it but was beaten by Scarlett who froze as she looked into the room. When Ven caught up he saw why.
Dr. Crippler was there all right, but his explanation would never come. He was lying on the floor surrounded by blood. There was a large slit down his back that led from the top of his neck to the base of his spine. The slit was being forced open by two large demonic claws. A blood coated neck stuck out of the wound, Ven stared in horror at the Demon that was feasting on the innards of the late Dr. Crippler.
Scarlett screamed. She tried to cover her mouth moments afterwards in some insane attempt to seem like it never happened.
But the Demon knew it happened.
It stood up and turned around to face them.

The Demon was a little bigger than an average adult, the majority of it’s flesh looked like it was made from crystallized blood but two black strips of flesh ran down it’s back and across it’s arms. The Demon was shaped completely like a human, it had two arms that glowed a dark red and ended with jagged, blood-stained claws, his two legs were similar to his arms.
The Demon’s head was also shaped like a human’s but instead of hair the flesh turned black and pointed up into several spikes. The Creature’s eyes glowed white, they contained nothing. No pupil, no iris. Nothing, only a white abyss, never blinking.
Scarlett was terrified; her eyes kept flickering from the body, to the Demon’s mouth, which was covered with blood.
“Why, hello. I don’t believe we’ve met.” A deep voice said as it emerged from beneath the jagged teeth within the Demon’s mouth
“Well, it’s been a while since I’ve met a Demon that can talk the human tongue” Ven replied with a smirk on his face. “I suppose I can grace you by telling you the name of your killers” Ven murmured to the Demon in front of him, the smirk on his face slowly increasing to a smile of evil intent, “I’m Ven, and this mortified woman in Scarlett” Ven said while pointing to the red-haired woman.
“Nice to meet you...” the Demon replied with a twisted pleasure in his voice, “I suppose I should return the favour and give you the name of your killer.....eh?” The Demon said in his own demonic voice once more.
“My name is.....
Back to top Go down
BlackDragonEX
Admin

Demon Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Assassin   Demon Assassin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:48 pm

Chapter 5 - A Heated Battle [Part 2]

...Akuma” the Demon said at last, his evil slime turning into an emotionless stare.
“Heh, well then, let’s get this party started.” Ven shouted to Akuma before charging forward, looking back only to make sure Scarlett hadn’t fainted. Scarlett’s hand was trembling but she managed to make it slowly grip her shotgun and with her gun in her hand her eyes changed from being fear filled to intent on spilling the blood of the Demon before her.
Ven’s eyes immediately turned red as he charged forward, he was only borrowing Beowolf’s power, giving him little control over his actions, even if Beowolf took control in this fight, Ven knew that he would still fight Akuma. If anything, Beowolf hated to lose.
Ven swung his right arm toward Akuma, aiming for the upper body; the Demon dodged to the left and then clutched his shoulder briefly as Scarlett landed a hit with the shotgun.
“Two against one? That hardly seems fair....do you want to get a few more friends to make it even?” Akuma shouted mockingly as he rolled across the floor to dodge another shot from Scarlett.
Ven Dived forward towards the Demon, hoping to keep him constantly dodging, not giving him time to retaliate. However things don’t always go the way you want.
Instead of Dodging Ven’s attack Akuma simply countered by grabbing his attacking arm. Ven was stunned; it had been a while since he’d had such a fearsome opponent.
Ven struck again with his other arm, only for it to be countered by the mysterious creature.
Scarlett ran forward, hoping to get within range of the Demon to release another burst from her Shotgun.
But before she could get within range Akuma took a step forward and twisted Ven’s wrists backward, his demonic arms throbbing with a dull light, which grew dimmer every second. He gritted his teeth as the Demon put even more pressure upon his demonic arms.
Any human arms would have buckled under the pressure and snapped, but Ven’s demonic wrists could withstand a lot more pressure than human arms....well he hoped they could.
Before he could find out however Akuma swerved on the spot and swung Ven around by his arms before releasing him in the direction of Scarlett, who gracefully dodged and let Ven crash into a wall behind her.
“I guess I’ll get to see you in combat now” Akuma murmured to Scarlett maniacally as he charged towards the red-haired woman. Scarlett was frozen, as he charged towards her all Scarlett could see was Beowolf charging towards her parents with that same smile that he had.
Ven had just pulled himself up when Scarlett was sent flying towards him with a gash running from her shoulder to her thigh. Ven placed her down as delicately as he could in his current state and turned to Akuma with fire in his eyes.
His gaze at the demon was quickly blocked by a large object being propelled toward him. The object connected, sending Ven back into the wall, after a few seconds of trying to understand what had happened he looked at the item that had hit him. Ven’s stomach lurched; it was the dead corpse of Dr. Crippler, Ven could now see that Akuma had ripped off Dr. Crippler’s face before eating his innards.
He threw the corpse to his left in hopes that Scarlett wouldn’t notice it and she would just fall unconscious. Ven’s arms glowed more aggressively as he voluntarily let Beowolf take a little more control, giving Ven more power. He knew he had to be careful, if he gave too much control to his brother then if Akuma managed to deal a blow then Beowolf might seize the opportunity.
Ven Jumped forward but before he could set his eyes on the demon the screaming in his leg stopped his thoughts, he would have to be more careful.
Ven realized that hand-to-hand combat would be useless against a Demon like Akuma. Quickly Ven scanned the room, looking for a weapon of some kind, he considered taking Scarlett’s shotgun or pistol, but after seeing what he did to Scarlett, he didn’t want to try his luck.
Ven’s search came up blank; there were no weapons or anything that could be used as weapons against the beast.
Ven had only one weapon left.

And he was too scared to use it.

But....He had to.
Tears welled up in Ven’s eyes as the last of his control over his body and his actions slipped away.

Beowolf was in control.

“Finally, Complete control” Beowolf shouted with laughter. “Now I can mould this body to my own.” And with that said the Human parts of Ven’s body throbbed as sapphire-like Demon limbs erupted from the flesh, soon the body that was once Ven’s was now Beowolf’s, and his eyes were fixated on the Demon in front of him.
“Well Akuma, ready to die?” Beowolf said maniacally as the last of his human flesh was covered as dark blue crystal-like demon skin burst from his face.
Beowolf’s body had the same shape as Ven’s. His flesh was like the skin on Ven’s Demon arms but a darker shade, also the flesh didn’t glow as much as they did on his brother. His feet were similar to his arms only a different shape. His teeth grew sharp and jagged and instead of hair the crystals seemed to point up into several spikes.
Beowolf’s real body looked a lot like Akuma except a different colour and with other minor differences.
“Oh, you have a trick up your sleeve?” Akuma shouted with a hint of sarcasm. “Well guess what? SO DO I” Akuma bellowed at the top of his voice.
“Bring it” the demonic voice replied.
Akuma charged forward, this time he was making the first move, his mouth twisted into an evil smile.

Ven was once again plunged into darkness as his brother took control. It was different than last time, he could see everything that Beowolf saw in his mind, when he opened his eyes he saw only darkness and faint sounds. But when he closed his eyes he could see the hazy room in front of him as well as Akuma charging closer to him.
He could hear everything too, in much more detail as he could previously, he could hear his opponent’s heartbeat and if he concentrated he could see a bead of sweat on his forehead. Ven started to wonder if this was what all Demons saw and heard. He could also hear Beowolf’s thoughts, as well as all the pain he suffered.

Beowolf jumped to his left to avoid a slash from his opponent; as soon as he landed he propelled himself forward with his demonic feet and drove his left hand into the ribs of Akuma. The claws sitting upon Beowolf’s hand broke through the Demon’s demonic flesh, Akuma let loose a cry of pain and surprise as swerved on the spot and batted Beowolf into a nearby glass cabinet, and although he hadn’t been able to deal any internal damage Beowolf had managed to create a nasty gouge.
The chunk of flesh that had been eaten from Ven’s leg in his previous battle was covered by Demon flesh but once he gained control again the pain would flood back probably worse than before.
Beowolf collided with the glass cabinet, sending shards of glass across the room, Beowolf soon recovered and the multiple Shards of glass in his back were easily brushed off as the Demon gritted it’s teeth in pain.
Although Beowolf’s pain receptors were blocked by layers of demonic flesh Ven cried out in pain as he floated in then endless abyss, powerless, only able to watch the two Demons trying to kill each other.
Beowolf grabbed one of the shared of glad from the floor around him and lunged forward toward Akuma, when he got within range he launched the shard of glass towards the Demon’s neck, hoping to kill it swiftly.
Akuma easily dodged by ducking the jagged piece of glass, letting it soar overhead and smash against the wall behind him. Immediately Akuma leaped forward with his hand outstretched, when he collided with Beowolf his hands tightened around his head. And with a flick of his wrist Beowolf was sent soaring across the room into the wall that had been hit with glass only moments before.
Beowolf lifted his head but before his bloodshot eyes could focus on Akuma something struck his right shoulder, holding him against the wall. He looked down and saw what seemed to be the head of a snake, it’s fangs latched onto his shoulder. He slowly ran his gaze across the snake’s neck which seemed to stretch across the room before connecting to the elbow of Akuma.
“I told you I had a secret. I’m a shapeshifter, but the form I’ve been using so far wasn’t my true self, I have only revealed that to one Demon in particular” Akuma shouted while walking forwards slowly, the neck of the snake seemed to retract back into his arm. “And before you start to think I’ll grace you with it you are mistaken. I wouldn’t waste my true self on a pathetic creature such as yourself.”
Beowolf gritted his teeth in pain as he gripped the head of the snake with his left hand. Akuma’s smile turned to a frown as he whipped back his arm, currently in the shape of a snake, before Beowolf could do anything.
The Snake head and neck (which had retracted to the length of a normal arm) suddenly glowed white before dematerializing, soon there was nothing left of the lower part of Akuma’s right arm. The end of his upper arm started to glow white, as strands of flesh stretched outwards, curling, remodelling themselves to what his arm had been moments ago.
“So............ Still think you can win?” Akuma bellowed before charging forward, his right arm morphing into a long blade ready to piece the heart of his opponent.
As Beowolf was trying to get his head around what was happening Akuma was getting closer and closer, forcing Beowolf to throw himself to his right moments before Akuma hit.
“Actually, yeah” Beowolf replied as he stood up. He could win, he had to give it his all though.
Before Akuma could recover from his miss Beowolf was attacking, his claws slammed into the shoulder of Dr. Crippler’s killer.
Ven was still there, floating in the endless place he had named ‘The Abyss’ he was in incredible pain from the injuries Beowolf was suffering, he didn’t know how much more he could take of this.
Akuma was also starting to realize his limits, shapeshifting used up a lot of energy. Not to mention the gauge in his side dragging him down. Akuma recovered from Beowolf’s attack and turned to face his opponent.
“I’m afraid it’s time to leave you.” Akuma said to Beowolf as he bowed his head in respect. “I guess this is where we part. To say you’ve been a good opponent would be a lie...So long.” Akuma said before smashing his arm through a nearby wall.
“No!” Beowolf cried out, he tried to chase after them but the little energy he had left was being used trying to stop Ven from taking control again, after a few minutes Akuma had created a large hole in the wall and was diving through when he turned back and shouted something unintelligent before exiting Beowolf’s line of sight.
Beowolf could feel his control slipping away as Ven took control of his body again.

Beowolf was plunged once again into The Abyss, his cries muffled by the deadly silence.
Back to top Go down
BlackDragonEX
Admin

Demon Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Assassin   Demon Assassin Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 4:49 pm

Whew there we go, Please Review and criticise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Demon Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Demon Assassin   Demon Assassin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demon Assassin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creative Writing Forum :: Review Room :: Novels-
Jump to: